Guidelines for Water, Sewer & Trash Services
- Meters are read during the middle of the month.
- Readings run from the middle of one month to the middle of the next month.
- Bills are sent out the first of every month.
- There is a drive through and an after hours drop box for payments. Payments can also be brought by the office or mailed.
- If payment is mailed, dropped into the depository or night deposit, please include the account number on your check and and/or your payment stub.
- Drive through and drop box are located on the side of the Helena Municipal Building, 816 County Road 52 East.
- Payment by automatic bank draft is also available for your added convenience.
GRASS CLIPPINGS CANNOT BE PICKED UP WITH HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE. If you would like to have your yard debris (grass clippings, leaves, etc.) picked up, you must sign up for this year-round service.
Household garbage collection does not include yard debris, lumber or building materials. It is for household garbage only.
Customer shall mean all single or multi-family residences.
Trash shall mean all grass clippings, leaves and small debris (i.e. tree branches, shrubbery and items must not exceed 8-feet in length or more than 2 1/2 inches in diameter).
- City will not pick up quantities of trash for any residence in excess of 1/2 ton per customer per pick-up day.
- City will not pick up appliances, swing sets, old carpet, any remodeling materials, etc. of any type. City does not pick up tree trunks nor does the City pick up after contractor (i.e. tree surgeons and/or tree experts, removers, etc.)
- Grass, leaves and small debris must be bagged. (Note: Bags must be no larger than 30-33 gallon and of sufficient strength to hold contents without tearing apart.)
- Dirt and rocks are not considered yard debris and will not be picked up.
- All trash must be located at curb side of each residence (not in street), not more than 8 feet from the back of the curb and must be a minimum of 10 feet from any public utility, such as fire hydrants, water meters, power poles, etc.
- Pick-up days will be each week.
- The City reserves the right to look at the 1st pick up before you sign up for monthly yard debris.
- Service will not be given for one month and customer asks to be terminated. Once you sign up, you will be billed for one year. After one year, you may cancel this service by written letter.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 663-1670
- Participation is optional.
- Charge of $20.00 minimum payable in advance for one time pick-up of 25 bags no larger than 30 gallon.
- Fee $7.00 per month, year round. Method of bill will be your Helena Utilities bill.