To obtain a library card, simply ask for a form at the library and fill it out. You need to bring valid identification with your current address, such as a driver's license or a utility bill.
Services available at this time include:
-Storytime every Tuesday and Thursday
-E-books, downloadable magazines, and audiobooks available through Overdrive or Libby
-Limited WIFI in parking lot close to Library building
-Library Staff available for questions via telephone 205-664-8308 or e-mail [email protected]
-Accessible online databases including The Alabama Virtual Library, Heritage Quest, LearningExpress, Live Homework Help, and more
-Visit www.shelbycounty-al.org to access these helpful resources
HRL is expanding our online collection with Camellia Net.
Public Libraries of Shelby County are still here for you and your family.
To give you even more resources at this time we just added hundreds of new titles for juvenile, young adult, and adult titles in a variety of electronic formats. For instructions on how to gain access visit
More Information Available Online or At the Library!
See Online Calendar for a Quick Look at Events and Times.
As of March 1, 2020, all Shelby County Libraries will automatically renew eligible materials checked out to library cardholders.
All patrons are automatically enrolled; there is no need to sign up for this new service.
How do Automatic Renewals work?
- Any items on your account that are eligible for renewal will now auto-renew 3 days before their due date.
- Auto-renewal sets the new due date from the original due date. For example, an item with a two week checkout due March 5 will be renewed on March 2, and the new due date will be March 19.
- Courtesy notices will reflect which items in your account did or didn't auto-renew, and the corresponding due dates.
- Courtesy notices will be sent by email. Please ensure that the library has your correct email address on file. To receive these notices, you must not have opted out of email notifications.
- You can still renew eligible items at any time via the automated phone system or website.
- You are responsible for checking the status of the items on your account. Any items that cannot not be auto-renewed must be returned by the due date or your account will accrue a late fee.
Are there reasons items won’t renew
Items may not Auto-Renew if:
- The item does not allow renewals
- The item is part of the eCollection (Hoopla or Overdrive)
- The item has a hold (another patron is waiting for it)
- The item has reached its renewal limit
- The item was a specially requested item from another library system outside of Shelby County
- Your card is expired
- You have fees of $10 or more on your account
- You have overdue or lost items currently on your account
What happens if an item cannot be renewed?
- If items on your account cannot be renewed, you will receive a courtesy notice with due dates before those items are due.
- You are responsible for returning all items by the due date or your account will accrue late fees.
Can I opt out of this service?
· Not at this time.
We Do NOT Renew Movies!