THE CITY OF HELENA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It strives for the constant improvements to the public service by employing and developing the best qualified people available regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, political beliefs, national origin, age or handicap.
How to Apply
You can apply to become a Police Officer or Dispatcher by completeing the application for employment and returning it to the Helena Police Department, 816 Hwy 52E Helena Al 35080 (205-663-6499). You may also E-mail the application for employment as an attachment to Sgt. Michael Johnson, E-mail: [email protected]
- 19 years of age or older , 21 years of age or older (Police Officer).
- Have either a high school diploma or GED (Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred).
- Possess a valid state of Alabama driver's license.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Honorably discharged from the US military.
- Good moral character and reputation
- APOSTC Certified or have similar certification from out of state (Police Officer).
- Group Medical Insurance.
- Group Dental Insurance.
- State Retirement.
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time, and Vacation Leave.
- Police Officer starting salary: $45,646 annual + $200.00 a month uniform bonus
- Dispatcher starting salary: $16.48 Hr + $150.00 a month uniform bonus