Established in 1999, the Helena Amphitheater Park is located at 4151 Helena Road in Helena's Old Town district. It is an outdoorconcert hall, festival grounds, movie theater and nature park. In the spring, summer and fall it is host to many events.
All weddings, picnics, outings, held in the Amphitheater Park must be approved by the city. Please call (205) 620-2877 or email [email protected] for information.
EVENTS WILL BE SHUT DOWN WITHOUT PREAPPROVAL AND PERMIT.
A PERMIT MUST BE APPLIED FOR AND ISSUED A MINIMUM OF 10 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT.
PERMITS MUST BE ISSUED FOR:
- Any group or party over 50 people. (No Exceptions)
- All Weddings. No matter how large of attendance.
- Any preschool or daycare program outings.
- Any private or public school outings.
- The use of any tents, blow up type rides.
- Any use of electricity. A usage fee may be required.
The permit will not include the use of any park facilities such as the stage or buildings.
Use of the Helena Amphitheater Stage area and or buildings requires a rental agreement.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT:
Email: [email protected]
Please include in your email:
- Your name address and contact information.
- The date, time and all information about the outing.
- Activates planned.
- How many people will be attending?
- Also please review the park rules.
Please call (205) 620-2877 or email Lilly Clayton [email protected] for information.
The amphitheater stage area is not to be used as a picnic shelter.
No food or cooking is allowed on or near the stage area.
ONLY GAS GRILLS ARE ALLOWED
NO CHARCOAL OR WOOD GRILLS OF ANY TYPE ARE ALLOWED IN THE PARK.
The exception to this rule is a cook off or barbeque type event.
ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED IN ANY CITY FACILITY OR PARK
Individual tables and benches are "first-come, first-served".
No person may use any portion of the picnic areas or any of the buildings or structures for the purpose of holding that area in exclusion of other persons, or to use such area and facilities for an unreasonable time if the facilities are crowded, except in those cases where prior reservations have been made with the facility coordinator.
No person may leave a picnic area before all trash is placed in the disposal receptacles provided. If no such trash receptacles are available, then refuse and trash shall be carried away from the park area by the picnicker to be properly disposed of elsewhere.
- Jazz in the Park (Summer)
- Buck Creek Festival (Spring)
- Fireworks( July 4th )
- Helena Market Days (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Shelby Blues and BBQ